We all heard about the good effect of face lift in our life but they never really gave us the complications that we might get when we do face lift surgery. However, complications of face lift surgery are infrequent and very uncommon because cosmetic procedures are generally safe. But you must keep in mind that any surgery comes with some risks and complications.
Complications of Facelift Surgery
1. Unnecessary Bleeding
2. Extensive bruising cause by incisions
3. Hypersensitivity to anesthesia
4. temporary damage to the facial nerves controlling muscles after the surgery
5. Hematoma (bleeding under the skin due to ruptured blood vessels)
7. Hair loss around the incision site
8. Numbness of the face
10. Death of tissue or what they called skin necrosis
12. Possible widening and or thickening of scar
These are the common complications that one might encounter right after the surgery. But keep in mind that these complications are unusually and can be prevented if you choose experienced and right cosmetic surgeon with right facelift facilities.